Manager, IT Audit
About the position
PKF Antares is looking for a Manager, IT Audit to join our Calgary Office team. You will have the opportunity to work as a team member on diverse client engagements as part of our national and local practice. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to grow your career and want to work with a skilled team, then this is the role for you! PKF Antares with a head office in Calgary and branches across Canada is offering a wide range of accounting services at competitive rates to fast-growing companies in Canada. Our team provides a one-stop solution on Risk Management, Corporate Finance, Assurance, Accounting, Taxation and Internal Controls advisory.
Internal controls responsibilities
- Coordinate and attend internal control walkthrough meetings with relevant ITGC clients.
- Design, execute and perform detailed testing of internal controls in accordance with professional audit standards, and within established deadlines.
- Evaluate design and operating effectiveness of internal controls in general and IT controls in specific, propose enhancements to controls and investigate the cause of internal control weaknesses.
- Perform analysis and needed remediation testing around identified control deficiencies.
- Work with the client’s external auditors to ensure proper alignment and leverage of management’s internal controls testing.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, tight deadlines, attention to detail, handle large workload.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; CPA, CIA, and/or CISA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with 1+ years of Public accounting experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and evaluating internal controls is an asset.
- IT audit experience, including strong understanding of control environments within the IT function.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required as this position has direct contact with clients’ executive management.
- Strong organizational skills and commitment to meeting reporting and control deadlines.
- Ability to work with a variety of team members and function in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work remotely.
What we offer
Along with being part of an experienced team with a global industry leader, we offer:
- Competitive wages and permanent, full-time work
- Opportunity to grow with a large global company
- On-the-job training for effective employee development
- Health, dental, accidental benefits
Location: Unit 700, 602 12 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2R 1J3, or can be remote / hybrid
Job Type: Full-time, Contract 3 – 4 months
How to apply: By email